Whether you want to secure your business database or just need personal device protection, McAfee is always the first choice. With instant actions against virus, scams, or devices’ vulnerability, the antivirus software gives complete protection. To get free virus scan and removal, download McAfee free version from www.mcafee.com -activate.
Nevertheless, a paid McAfee activate version will give you high-end security features. Whether you have a retail card or online subscription, you will need an active www.mcafee.com/activate account. Only after accessing your mcafee.com/activate account, you can proceed for McAfee download.
Besides general virus protection, the security software defends you from cyber threats and crimes. Hence, you must configure your McAfee firewall settings.
Settings below are applicable for McAfee Internet Security or Antivirus Plus.
Steps to Configure McAfee Firewall
- Click on McAfee shield icon to launch the program
- From McAfee’s Home screen, either
- Press Firewall option from the top and go to Settings
- Press “Web & Email Protection” option under Features, then select Firewall
- Press “Internet Connections for Programs” option available on the McAfee Firewall screen
- In order to have full control, click Add or Edit CTI Navigator and CTI Update Manager
- Enable “Outbound-Only Access”
- Disable Net-Guard only if connection problems occur while you use CTI Navigator
This is all you need to do to configure the McAfee firewall. Considering possible cases, users often fail to make configurations settings. Firstly, login to mcafee.com/activate and check if your subscription is still active. Otherwise, you will need to renew it to eliminate the chances of error. Alternatively, you might not be able to configure with an expired license. If this happens with you, connect with an expert support provider.
Avoid making random changed, it will only complicate the problem. Whereas, having guidance by a professional will instantly resolve the issue.