McAfee.com/activate – Here, we will discuss different actions performed to install or uninstall McAfee Internet security on your PC or Mac as well as how to activate the software online using the website www.mcafee.com/activate.
However, you can also activate McAfee antivirus offline on your device via a retail subscription card by following a specific set of guidelines.
Before we begin, if you’re using a Mac or PC, make sure to open your downloads folder and verify that it does not contain any older version of McAfee installer as it might interrupt the installation process. To avoid errors, you must uninstall any McAfee activate program on your device and remove it from your system. Make sure your system is updated and compatible with McAfee Internet security and meets all the system requirements.
Let’s begin the process:
- Go to mcafee.com/activate and sign in your Mcafee activate account to download the software
- Enter your email id and password that you used to create the account.
- If you do not have an existing account or if you’re a newcomer, then go to mcafee.com activate and follow the prompts to create an account and then sign in.
- Once you’re successfully signed in your account, click on the ‘download’ button to download the latest version of your McAfee subscription product.
- Read the End User License Agreement carefully and click ‘I agree’ to accept the terms and conditions of McAfee privacy agreement and continue the download and installation of the software
- Once the download is completed, go to the finder and double-click on the downloaded file to launch the ‘installation’ process and follow the on-screen guidelines to complete the process.
- Once the installation is done, go the activation process
How to activate McAfee Internet security online via mcafee.com/activate
- Open your browser and visit www.mcafee.com -activate
- Enter the email id and password you used to create the account and sign in to your McAfee activate account
- Select your country and language
- Enter the 25 digits alphanumerical character activation product key that came along with your subscription plan in the given space.
- If you have purchased your McAfee subscription online, then log in to your registered McAfee activate account, then search and open the order confirmation email and redeem your 25 digits product key to perform the activation.
- If you’ve purchased your subscription plan from an authorized retailer, then open it and check the backside of your retail card. The code will be imprinted on it, then scratch the surface of the backside and redeem your activation code
- Once you enter the activation code, then click on ‘submit’
- Your McAfee subscription is now activated successfully.
- Enjoy safe browsing
McAfee Activate at mcafee.com/activate via retail card purchase
McAfee activate is a simple process via a retail card. 3 simple steps are all you need to activate your subscription plan on your PC or Mac. There are multiple benefits of installing the McAfee product via a retail card instead of a CD/DVD as it allows you to download and install the package directly through the Internet.
If you have purchased your McAfee subscription plan offline via retail shop, the follow the guidelines mentioned below for offline activation
- Check the instructions given on the retail card to get a clear idea of the process involved to activate the McAfee product
- Open your browser and visit the website www.mcafee.com activate
- Now, scratch the surface of the backside of your retail card to redeem your 25 digits alphanumerical character product activation key.
- Once you found the key, then enter the code in the given space
- Click on ‘submit’ and follow the on-screen instructions to ‘activate’ the security product
- Your www.mcafee/activate is successfully completed.
CD/DVD is a good option in cases where the internet connection is either slow or not functioning to avoid errors and installation issues that we might face online. They are also a comfortable option when it comes to re-install the program immediately for some reason as they contain all the necessary files and information at one place. However, a DVD installation does not allow you to update the program stored in it or its contents on its own.
How to Uninstall McAfee activate product from your PC or Mac?
To completely uninstall and remove the McAfee security software, you must follow the guidelines listed below:
- Shut down all the McAfee activate program windows
- Go to the ‘Start’ and type ‘Programs and Features’ or double-click the ‘add/remove programs’ in the control panel
- Go to the ‘Programs and Features’ in the list on the left or,
- ‘Click’ Add/Remove programs
- Select your ‘McAfee activate’ program and click on ‘uninstall/remove’ the program and follow the on-screen guidelines to complete the process
- Your McAfee security program is removed successfully.
You can also remove or uninstall McAfee software using the McAfee Consumer Product Removal (MCPR) tool.
If you still face difficulty while performing any of these actions, then you can contact the McAfee customer support services available 24/7 or call on Toll-free Customer support number to get the help.