McAfee is one of the well known antivirus companies that have been developing various antivirus products for offering the advanced layer of protection to the users’ device against the online threats like viruses, spyware and many more. All the McAfee products can be downloaded to their devices of different platforms (like Android, Mac, Windows, or iOS) by using either of the two methods detailed below:
- Online method: In the online mode of downloading the McAfee product, the users need to download the desired McAfee product over the internet connection.
- Offline method: In the offline method, the users need to visit the nearby retail shop and purchase the McAfee product that they want to install on their device.
McAfee MIS or the McAfee Internet Security is one of the popular software that allows the users to connect to the internet without having the risk of cybercrime or threats. The McAfee Internet Security has various features like password manager, firewall, spam filters and many more, that helps the users to keep their data safe and secure from being hacked by malicious users.
What is McAfee Retail Card?
When the users adopt the offline method for purchasing and downloading the McAfee product to the device, they need to access the nearby retail shops for purchasing the product known as the McAfee offline pack. This purchased McAfee offline pack consist of a CD that contains the setup of the McAfee antivirus software. Apart from the CD pack, a card is attached at the back of the McAfee offline pack known as the McAfee Retail Card. When the users go through the McAfee Retail Card, they will be able to notice that the card contains a link known as the McAfee Activation link (like www.mcafee.com/activate as per the McAfee product purchased by the users) that allows the users to download the McAfee product without inserting the CD to the system.
Just below the McAfee Activation link, a 25-character license keycode is printed known as the McAfee Activation key. This McAfee Activation Key allows the users to activate the services involved in the purchased McAfee product so as to shield the users’ device against the online threats.
How to activate the McAfee MIS using McAfee Retail Card?
Activation of the software is one of the most important processes after downloading and installing the software to the device. This is because without completing the activation process, the users are unable to utilize the services involved in the software. Apart from this, the process of activation also makes sure that the software has been installed by the authorized user only.
Similarly, the users McAfee need to activate the McAfee products, regardless of the mode adopted by them for downloading them. For performing the process of McAfee MIS activate using the McAfee MIS Retail card, follow the stepwise procedure detailed below:
- Firstly, open the installed web browser like Google Chrome on the device.
- Now, enter or copy the McAfee MIS Activation Link (like mcafee.com/activate as specified on the McAfee MIS Retail Card) in the URL bar of the web browser.
- And then, hit the “Enter” key.
- After this, the users will be directed to the McAfee activation page.
- On this page, a form will be displayed to the users that need to be filled by them with all the required details.
- On this page, manually select the “Country” and the “Language” as specified on the McAfee MIS Retail Card.
- After this, type the email address (registered by the users at the purchasing time of McAfee MIS product) and the 25-character McAfee Activation Key in the corresponding field.
- Now, tap the “Submit” button.
- Make sure that the details entered by the users are correct else, they may change them by taping the “Edit” option, when prompted.
- If the details entered by the users are correct then, click the “Verify” button.
- And then, follow the instructions displayed on the screen for continuing the process of McAfee Activate.
- After activating the McAfee MIS product, the users may utilize the antivirus for protecting their device and data before getting harmed by malicious users.
Contact the McAfee Customer Support on the McAfee.com/activate toll-free, if you face any of the difficulty while performing the aforementioned steps of McAfee Activate.